We come bearing fresh, crunchy organic broccoli that is yearning to be complimented with other tasty flavors! Summer is a season of easy, quick fresh salads to accompany your grilled burger or your citrus salmon. This Asian recipe will sure to please your need for a satisfying side without leaving you uncomfortabley full.
This dish also doesn’t have to be a side kick…it can pose as the main feature! If you want to kick it up a notch just add some grilled organic chicken or tofu to it for some protein.
For the salad…
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (gently packed)
- 2 cups sliced Cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 2-3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 batch ginger garlic dressing
It is so easy that you just need to add all of the above to a bowl. The most difficult part is creating the dressing…which should take you 5 minutes. Once you have the dressing done, you can toss into bowl & chill for about 20-30 minutes in fridge.
For the dressing…combine & whisk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground ginger
Enjoy your meals this week…I am sure whatever you make will be fabulous!