- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine in a small mixing bowl, panko, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. You may have to press the panko crumbs down on the zucchini slices to get them to stick.
Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.