I can’t even believe it…next week is already the 4th of July…WOW! As we Americans will find a reason to celebrate anything, this is surely one of the largest celebrations of the year.
We have great items for you to load up on to entertain your guests with. Let’s start with the obvious burgers & brats! You just cannot go wrong with these two staple America foods. Brats are pretty self explanatory as you could toss those on the grill and in 10-15 minutes they would be ready to eat. As for the burger, I like to take my time with the creation of this one. No one wants to eat a dry, flavor-less burger. We want big, juicy and bursting with flavor! Check it out below…
BLUEBERRY BASH BURGER
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 – 1/4 pound bugers
- 2 pounds Graham’s organic ground beef (turkey if you aren’t a fan of beef) (*)
- 1 pound Creswick Farm’s bacon, finely chopped (*)
- 1 pound blueberries, slightly smashed (*)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- salt & pepper
- 8-10 slices, Farm Country smoked cheddar cheese (*)
- 8-10 pieces Jacob’s Acres bibb lettuce, washed and dried (*)
- 2-3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 packs Little Rooster hamburger buns (*)
Combine ground beef, bacon, blueberries, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl. Using your hands, mix it all together until all ingredients are well incorporated. Make your patties and store in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. Give them 20-30 minutes to rest outside of the fridge before you put them on the grill.
Pre-heat grill to 400 degrees. Place the patties on the grill and cook to your desired internal temp. The best way to determine this is by using a meat thermometer. Place the cheese on the burgers just a couple minutes before you take them off. While someone is cooking the burgers, prep all the delicious toppings for them.