Looking to add extra zip and creativity to your side dishes while maintaining your health…sweet potato fries are your answer. As of late I have been craving a burger with fries. While it is January and I am on the track of health, I want to make sure I keep my meals nutritional yet satisfying. Have you tried making turkey burgers using Duerksen Turkey Farm? If not, I highly suggest it! Looking for a bun to put it on, of course you are? Well, Little Rooster Bread Company has hamburger buns for you to put it on…fancy that.
My goal moving forward this year is to provide you not only great recipes, but meal solutions. I believe in the simple things in life and the fact is Doorganics offers such a wonderful home solution…what more could you ask for? It is easy, affordable and a HUGE time saver. I would love any feedback you have or any special requests. I am here to grow & evolve, while keeping you food lovers full and happy.
Eat up friends!
Makes: about 2 1/2 cups fries and 1/2 cup sauce
Hands-on time: 12 minutes
Total time: 37 minutes
- 2 8-oz sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare fries: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut each potato in half crosswise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices, then cut slices into 1/2-inch strips (to resemble French fries). Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and oregano. Drizzle oil over potatoes. Using a silicone spatula, toss potatoes gently yet thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over potatoes and toss gently.
- Arrange potatoes in a thin layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce: In a separate small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle evenly with salt and serve with dipping sauce.